The Local Governing Body of Prince Avenue Academy & Nursery:
- oversees the school’s management ensuring the curriculum is balanced and broadly based;
- promotes high standards of attainment of pupil achievement by monitoring and evaluating targets set;
- approves the school budget, with continual monitoring throughout the year;
- supports the school in its improvements and developments;
- acts in accordance with the requirements laid down in Acts of Parliament, statutory regulations and the school’s terms of reference;
- acts fairly and without prejudice.
- they are also responsible for specific actions such as ensuring that there is a procedure in place for handling complaints and appointing the Headteacher.
In April 2014 Prince Avenue Primary School became part of a Multi-Academy Trust known as South East Essex Academy Trust (SEEAT). The Multi-Academy Trust has its own Board of Directors. Prince Avenue School has its own Local Governing Body.
Schools within the Multi-Academy Trust are: Westcliff High School for Girls, Holt Farm Junior School, Rochford Primary School & Nursery, and Prince Avenue Academy & Nursery.
The Local Governing Body, in partnership with the Headteacher, aim to ensure that all children at the school achieve the very best possible education and are able to make the most of all the opportunities that come their way.
The Local Governing Body is made up of staff representatives, parents of children at the school and representatives from the local community. All governors are volunteers. Governors have been elected or appointed to the role. All Governors serve a term of four years. The Local Governing Body currently meets twice a term. Some governors have specific responsibility for a subject area, or other important area within the school, and are encouraged to visit as often as possible to meet teachers and pupils, and observe lessons. Governors are invited to attend all celebration assemblies, sports days, open evenings, Christmas productions, etc. The list is not exhaustive!